Friday, January 08, 2010

Fire in Camberwell, BPK Selection tonight and Willi Soukoup!


Back to London and back to work and a major fire in the ward on Wednesday as another building site went up in flames, with over 75 firefighters tackling it and over 150 people evacuated.
By the time I got there the site was closed off but residents were back in their homes. Made local TV News and another site fire in Southwark!!! Story well covered in Southwark News:
Good story about Leaseholders in Peronet House being hit with £12000+ bills for Fire safety Works after Lakanal Fire!! Once again it is the Leaseholders who are penalised!!
The News also covered the Brunswick Park Ward Selection Meeting tonight and my last chance to be selected so I am hopefully for a good turnout of people who I actually recognise and hopefully they might select me?
Just put in a CGS Bid to have the Pied Piper Relief by Willi Soukoup Remounted in Camberwell Green.
Also a Memorial to Sid Bates VC "A True Camberwell Boy"!!!
I would love to see more sculptures and memorials around Camberwell so hopefully this will get through. Also included in bid is some upgrading to Play Area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rather cool site you've got here. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Hilary Benedict