Monday, August 03, 2009

Salmond raking it in, Carnivale Del Pueblo, Mel and me and Hibs Pre-Season stutters on!!


Good article in the Telegraph today highlighting how much cash Alex Salmond has made (£275,000) from not resigning his Westminster seat even although he is First Minister in Hollyrood! Disgraceful!!!

I went along to the Carnivale Del Pueblo in Burgess Park yesterday with 100,000 people from all over London.
This is a fantastic event and luckily the weather held out to make it another special day in Camberwell
I heard through Facebook of someone who may be a relative as he is related to IRA General Sean McEoin through the Reilly Family of Balinallee just as I am and he has told me that Mel Gibson's mother is a Reilly from the same town so looks like I am related to Braveheart himself!!
Always thought that there was a family resemblance!!!
Hibs rather uninspiring Pre-season continued with a hefty 3-1 defeat at home to Preston North End!
Away matches this week at Blackburn and Bolton to blow away the last remaining cob-webs and then the season starts on Saturday!

No comments: