Friday, September 25, 2009

Me and Mel, Academic Year looms, Theatre week, Brighton calling and Hibs get back on winning track!!


We had a Birthday lunch at work yesterday celebrating 3 Birthday's and I was given this Cartoon which irrefutably proves the family link between me and Mel Gibson, need I say any more!!!!
Work is busy with preparations for the start of the new Academic year and all things going well on Health & Safety, Environment, Business Continuity, Swine Flu and Campus Watch fronts!!


I had a good week of culture going to the Globe to see Troilus and Cressida and following it up on Wednesday with a visit to "An Inspector Calls" a play I did at St. Augustines High School in Edinburgh many years ago!!
Excellent plays and performances all round. Plan to do more Matinee Theatre visits in the future as I have the taste back again!





I am off to Brighton on Sunday for the Labour Party Annual Conference for the first time and I am the Camberwell & Peckham Delegate to boot!!
I am staying at the Brighton Hotel and am looking forward to getting totally immersed in Conference and hope to write a daily Blog with my experiences at Conference IT permitting!!

The Hotel Brighton looks nice so looking forward to spending 4 nights there!








Hibs had a good 3-0 win at home to St. Johnstone with Stokes scoring 2 and looking like he is getting back into the groove! Good result after the poor defeat to Hamilton so lets hope it continues!!




No comments: