Monday, March 17, 2008

I attended a Homeworking Club Awards Ceremony organised by the The Educational Alliance Africa and handed out Certificates to children who had acheived over the past year, a really positive initiative and I hope to work closely with them over the next year to develop the Homework Club and other intiiatives in Camberwell Green Ward.
Today is St. Patrick's day hence the shamrock and I am not drinking any Guiness tonight as I have the Camberwell Community Council tonight but will make up for it when I spent 5 days in Ireland over Easter!

More possible bad news on the horizon as I recieved a letter with proposals to close the Job Centre in Camberwell! I will of course object but I really put the blame squarely at the feet of this disgraceful administration who have made it clear that they want to strip out Camberwell and clearly the news has spread!
Hibs won 2-0 against Kilmarnock to go third in the SPL so all still on track and I feel reasonably comfortable that we can hold on to the UEFA Spot until then end of the season.
Scotland ended not with a bang but a whimper after the Calcutta Cup win losing to Italy in Rome! Frank Haden must be pulling his hear out at such performances this year after a few years of progress and a reasonable World Cup.
Of course all congrats to the Welsh and a brilliant Grand Slam only months after a poor World Cup. Like football Rugby is a funny old game!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

The Portugese blog about flat TVs seems to making more sense than yours Cllr Fryup. Much well congrats!

John Joseph Friary said...

Dear Anonymous,

I like your humour if not your taste!!

Dont know about you but I am off to buy a portuguese flat screen tv now!!

Thanks

John