Thursday, August 14, 2008

Youth Scrutiny to go to OSC, Arsenal first game against West Brom and Hibs play Falkirk at Home!

The Youth Scrutiny Report is going to the first OSC Meeting after the break and I hope that it will really push youth provision and engagement up the political agenda which is where it really needs to be!
I think that we have highlighted a lot of good practice but a lot of creative and administrative improvements that need to be made so I look forward to following it through OSC to Executive and beyond!


I am going to Arsenal's first game of the season on Saturday at the Emirates against West Brom, first time at the Stadium since the Springsteen Concert. I have renewed my Red Card with Arsenal so hope to see a few games this season.

Hibs take on Falkirk at home this season and really need a good performance and more importantly a win!
Dad has his season ticket and will be at the game and I will be joining him for the next home SPL game against Motherwell!

Hibs play Morton in the Scottish League Cup (pictured with Ian Murray)
Hibs have signed French Under-21 Steve Pinau on a season's loan deal from Genoa. he apparently did well in trials and played well with Yantorno so looks a good deal. Hertha Berlin Goalkeeper Christian Person is on trial for the second time and is likely to be Mixu's 6th signing of the season? Sadly Benji has gone on loan to Charloise and I suspect he wont be back but good if we can secure £1M for him. Don't know where that leaves Zemmama?
For the next Scotland game against Northern Ireland I see that Stephen Fletcher is in the Scotland squad and Dean Shiels in the NI squad. Gives them a chance to have a fight when they are not wearing the same shirts!

No comments: