Wednesday, October 29, 2008

In a quiter than usual Council week I did recieve disapointing news from English Heritage to say that they would not be recommending the listing of Southwark Town Hall as it was not of enough merit, apart from the front elevation that is!
It is a disappointment although the imminent risk of sale and demolition has been put off I dont trust the Tory/Lib Dem Administration and forsee another fight to save the Town Hall in the future!


I spent a sunny but very windy weekend in Broadstairs with my friend "Alderman" Ian Driver and visited Whitstable for a pub crawl and walked to Ramsgate on the Saturday which was an impressive place!

Hibs went down 4-2 to Celtic at Parkhead on Saturday but played very well coming back from 2-0 down to 2-2 before losing a couple of late goals.
Our attack of Nish, Fletcher and Riordan, as Gordon Strachan said after the match, are the best in the coutry and a real threat to every team. Unfortunatley our defence is leaking goals, even with Keeper Ma-Kalambay on form, and we need someone like Keenan to really take command in the midfield. Murray and Riordan had fantastic games again and are back to their best and must be due international call- ups.
Still we are looking like a third place team and certainly good to watch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

І ԁon't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don't knοw who
уou are but certainlу you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

my site ... http://Vipshoppingalert.com