Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sad deaths of Peter Moore and Joan Katchik!

Very sad news about the death of Peter Moore, Southwark's and London's Town Crier for many years!


I knew Peter very well over my near 16 years as a Councillor and he was a truly lovely man who really believed in what he was doing and gave his heart and soul to the job, and was especially fond , I know, of Southwark! He was due to be given a Lifetime Achievement awartd at this year's London New Year Parade and I know he would have been very proud of that. Hope I am back in time to attend his Funeral in Southwark Cathedral, again a fitting tribute to him!
The BBC covered his death in thier local news:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8434333.stm
This follows on from the sad death of ex-Mayor and Southwark Labour Group Colleague Joan Katchik who died earlier in the month. Again I worked closely with her and know how much she loved her signing and acting and of course her beloved Leicester City!!
Two very sad losses at the end of the year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice site you've got here. Thanks the author for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Avril Simpson