Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Hibs win Derby and going to see Joseph!










I watched the game last night on Setanta and saw Hibs win their first game at Tynecastle for over 2 years thanks to a goal in the second minute from Brian Kerr.
In truth both teams were pretty poor in the first half but it was a better second half.
Bets thing for me was the performance of the new Hibs players, Belgian goalkeeper Ma-Kalamby is a 6 foot 7 inch giant with long arms and giant hands who fills the goal and looks confident. He is young at 21 but looks the part. Kerr looked good filling the role Stewart had last season. Donaldson worked hard but was too far on the left to be a real striking force, O'Brien really looked excellent, as quick as Sproule but more thoughtful with his final ball and should have been through on goal twice but for a poor final pass.
Morais also looked good when he came on but for me Benji looks really sharp and ready for a hard season. On the downside the defence still looks slow and cumbersome to me and Bouzellin still gives the ball away in midfield far too much for my liking. Not a pretty game as Hearts are all about stopping teams playing and as a pundit said last night, Hibs dont appear to have a Plan B against a team determined to stop them playing!
Look forward to seeing them play Gretna on Saturday!



I am on the 2pm train to Edinburgh today for a week with the family, Hibs and the Fringe!

When I come back I am taking Shauna to see Joseph. I took my sisters family to see it years ago when Jason Donovan was Joseoh and mum and dad in Edinburgh when Philip Schofield played the lead role, both excellent so the reality star has a lot to live up to!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.