Thursday, June 14, 2007

Camberwell Community Council, St Michaels and All Angels Academy, Camberwell Arts Festival 16June-24 June 2007 and the Edinburgh Moonwalk 16 June 2007






Sandra and I had a goood meeting with officers last night to discuss Camberwell Community Councils over the next 12 months and were clear that we want to see positive action rather than go around in circles revisiting the same problems with no way forward. We are going to theme the meetings on the basis of our Working Group topics and Education will be the first themed meeting in September, followed by Health, Environment, Community Safety, Transport and Regeneration and Economic Development. The plan is to invite the relevant Executive Members and Senior Officers along to discuss our analysis of what Camberwell needs in each area and a way forward. There are now a number of reports about what Camberwell needs and what we need now is action plans to make them happen!! No more analysis of the problems just discussion on positive action from now on in!! We also discussed a sensible aproach to the Cleaner Greener Safer funds and the Camberwell Community Fund and will set that out at the meeting in June.








I met with the new Head Teacher of St. Michael's and All Angels Academy(formerly AMR) to follow up from their succesful open day and talk about how we work together to make the new venture a real success which in my view means close consultation with key residents and community groups starting now through to completion of the project and beyond, learning lessons from the "Communiversity" project. I am really looking forward to this process, something that will have to be mirrored at the Sacred Heart RC School which itself will be rebuilt over the next few years. I am especially keen on extended school provision to exisitng students and the local community!





After spending all week at London Met looking at the End of Year Show preparations I will be an invited guest at the Breakfast preview of the Camberwell College of Arts End of year Show. I am a regualr attender and look forward to a very high quality exhibition!
http://www.camberwell.arts.ac.uk/33604.htm
http://www.camberwell.arts.ac.uk/34347.htm




Camberwell Arts Festival
16 June - 24 June 2007

Of course linked to that is the opening of the Camberwell Arts Festival on Sunday with the Camberwell Live! Party in Lucas Gardens and I hope to pop along to some of the events during the Festival including the launch. Hope the weather holds out?
http://www.camberwellarts.org.uk/

On Saturday night my sister, Bernadette, will be walking over 13 miles in the Edinburgh Moonwalk 2007 to raise money for Breast Cancer research, the website is below. There will be over 10,000 walking through the strrets of Edinburgh through the night so it should be quite an amazing experience for her. I have sent her a good luck and she has told me not to phone her early Sunday!!!
Below are pictures from the event last year to give you some idea of the scale!
http://www.breakthrough.ac.psiweb.com/events/mw-edinburgh/moonwalk_edinburgh.htmlrgh.html/moonwalk_edinburgh.html


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello councillor,

I was wondering if you may be able to help. I have just moved near Lucas Gardens and realised that the rocking horses next to Vestry Road would be the perfect location to complete the 6th and final scenario for my graduate photography exhibition. Now I recently graduated from LCC and the series which I would like to extend hows won several awards including the Photo Fusion Graduate Prize and the Fashion category of The Hello Magazine Young Photographers Awards. I need to extend the series by one more image to enter the pretigious Jerwood Prize. I am wondering if you may be able to place me in contact with perhaps the park keeper as I understand there are opening times for the area.

Please go to my website www.rachel-brown.com

and contact me through the contact page,

Warm regards

Rachel